We measure and report on our overall carbon emissions, energy, water use, and waste disposed. We include data gathered from 14 manufacturing, R&D, and distribution facilities located in North America, South America, Asia, and Europe, representing (based on square footage) approximately 85% of our operations. For the remaining 15% of square footage, primarily administrative offices, we estimate energy usage to calculate carbon emissions. We measure progress toward our targets by quantifying results independent of growth or contraction of our business. We do not include facility or building closures or recently acquired facilities in our target progress. Amgen engaged a third-party to provide reasonable assurance of selected environmental and safety data and limited assurance on Scope 3 GHG emissions.
We're data driven and strategic in our approaches to reduce carbon emissions.
Water is a vital resource for our business that we are working to conserve.
We are studying ways to eliminate waste at its source.
We're making progress towards achieving our 2027 conservation targets.
Data and Reporting
We have compiled our environmental performance data and independent assurance statement in a complete summary. Amgen discloses data to investors through CDP in the areas of climate change and water .