For more than 40 years, Amgen's commitment to science and innovation has helped patients live longer, healthier lives. We support initiatives to advance health equity so that more people can experience the benefits of science, including providing access to life-saving medicines and care. We use a portfolio of approaches to address challenges to access, working with governments, patient groups, civil society, and other partners.
- Provided $2.2 billion1 of Amgen medicines at no cost to eligible uninsured or underinsured patients in the United States through the Amgen Safety Net Foundation.
- Established a multiyear partnership with City Cancer Challenge and Direct Relief to support health system strengthening and management of breast cancer in Asuncion, Paraguay.
- Launched a new Patient Experience Council model to support clinical development programs with high unmet needs among communities of color.
We value and are focused on doing our part to build a more just, resilient and inclusive society, both within our own workplace and in the communities where we operate. In addition to our core business of improving health outcomes through our medicines, we recognize our ability to positively impact society through our actions, investments and people.
- More than 90% of employees who responded to a survey reported they were happy that Amgen provides a more flexible work model.
- The Amgen Foundation2 reached more than 23 million learners and educators worldwide through its four core science education programs.
- Amgen was recognized with the Excellence in Supplier Diversity award from the Southern California Minority Supplier Development Council.
Amgen has a longstanding objective to conduct its operations in an environmentally responsible manner, and we regularly set targets to challenge ourselves to improve. We have successfully advanced our environmental sustainability program since 2007 while increasing our global production capacity and expanding our presence to approximately 100 countries. Investing in sustainable operations can also improve efficiency and create value, including by reducing operating costs and increasing resilience.
- Received approval for three targets by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi).
- Issued an inaugural $750 million green bond to advance our environmental goals.
- Achieved LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification at our San Francisco R&D site.
A Healthy Amgen
Our business is built on an unwavering commitment to integrity and compliance, which is demonstrated by our staff members every day through their words, decisions and actions. We hold ourselves to high standards in our operations and continually strive to reflect Amgen values in our culture, products and strategy.
- 92% of employees who responded to a staff survey said they are aware of how to seek guidance on ethical matters.
- Amgen has been recognized as a leader for its information security efforts by CSO50.
- We launched our Global Patient Safety Network to support compliance and optimize the safe use of Amgen products.
1Valued at wholesale acquisition cost. Amgen Safety Net Foundation is a separate legal entity entirely funded by Amgen.
2The Amgen Foundation, Inc., is a separate legal entity entirely funded by Amgen.
We value and welcome feedback about ESG at Amgen.
Please contact us at ESG@amgen.com